- Learning how to use the Victorian University Library scheme for our research topics.
- Shortening or making our searches to become more relevant.
As for the reading that I found most relevant regarding the discussion of 'Nature vs Nurture', I found an article entitled 'Nature and Nurture by Definition Means Both: A Response to Males'.
As for this article, it delves into relevant information discussing the obvious theme of nature vs nurture in a more in-depth discussion. Some ideas that are talked about are:
- Child psychology.
- Biological and social values.
- Brain and risk taking.
- The ideas are generated around a male aspect which can possibly be relatable seeing as I am a male and may be able to understand the writers contention and interests as to why males would have been chosen in particular.
- Comparing environments.
This reading could possibly be involved in my future research topic discussion seeing as it is based around males that could be used for a comparison regarding females and who may have it harder in such instances, as explained earlier it is based upon males so I could possibly relate to it in such a degree. I could even try and search for a female version of the article to ensure differences and such aren't just being bias.
Link:
http://0-eds.b.ebscohost.com.library.vu.edu.au/eds/detail/detail?sid=f9a0efcc-60bc-4c14-bdcf-1bf9885abc5f%40sessionmgr113&vid=0&hid=114&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWRzLWxpdmU%3d#db=eric&AN=EJ867065
Reference:
DeLisi, M, Wright, JP, Vaughn, MG, and Beaver, KM 2010, 'Nature and Nurture by Definition Means Both: A Response to Males', Journal of Adolescence Research, vol. 25, no. 1 pp. 24-30.








0 comments:
Post a Comment